Harwood Flooring in Tennessee
Embrace the timeless elegance of hardwood flooring. Whether it's for your Tennessee home or business, McCalls Carpet One Floor & Home has your perfect solution. With convenient locations in Nashville and Franklin, Tennessee, we bring hardwood flooring excellence to your doorstep.
Say goodbye to the nightmare of budget constraints when selecting your ideal floor. Our seasoned hardwood experts guide you toward savvy and stylish choices within your budget. Crafting an enviable space for you and impressing your guests hinges on understanding the diverse hardwood options. Discover key considerations as you shop for hardwood flooring.
Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood
When it comes to hardwood flooring, you have two primary options to consider:
A timeless and classic choice that allows the natural beauty of wood to shine. Solid hardwood is a superb investment due to its ability to be refinished multiple times, ensuring it stands the test of time. Key advantages include:
- Timeless Beauty: Solid hardwood exudes classic, enduring charm.
- Durability: It enhances your property's value and can be refinished for a lifetime of use.
- Ideal for Dry Areas: Best suited for dry, low-traffic spaces like bedrooms and dining rooms.
- Refinishing: Solid hardwoods can undergo multiple refinishing processes.
Crafted from layers of composite wood with a genuine hardwood veneer, engineered hardwood offers stability and suits all areas of your home. Notable benefits encompass:
- Moisture Resistance: Ideal for moisture-prone areas, including basements.
- Versatility: Suitable for all areas of your home, from foyers and kitchens to laundry rooms.
- Stability: Resists natural expansion and contraction caused by fluctuations in humidity and temperature.
- Longevity: With proper care, engineered hardwood can last for generations.
Make an informed choice for your space, whether you're drawn to the classic allure of solid hardwood or the versatile attributes of engineered hardwood.
Choosing Between Solid and Engineered Hardwood in Tennessee
In Tennessee, the recommendation often leans towards engineered hardwood due to its adaptability and stability, making it a reliable flooring option for the local climate and environmental conditions. Learn more:
- Climate-Controlled Homes: If your home maintains a consistent temperature and humidity level, both solid and engineered hardwood options are suitable for you.
- Seasonal Climate Variations: For homes where temperature and moisture levels fluctuate seasonally, solid hardwood may not be the best choice. Engineered hardwood, with its added stability, is better equipped to handle the varying conditions in Tennessee.
- Humid Environments: Engineered hardwood is particularly well-suited for Tennessee's humid climate. It also works effectively in both above-ground and below-ground settings. While not ideal for areas with excessive moisture, engineered hardwood is less likely to expand or contract under such conditions, making it a preferable choice for many in our region.
Popular Hardwood Flooring Styles in TN
In Tennessee, hardwood flooring styles reflect a blend of Southern charm and contemporary trends, offering something for every taste. Here are some of the popular hardwood flooring styles you'll find in the state:
- Oak Hardwood: Oak is a perennial favorite in Tennessee. Its durability, attractive grain patterns, and natural warmth make it a top choice. Red oak's rosy undertones and white oak's versatility both have their devoted fans.
- Hickory Hardwood: Known for its exceptional strength, hickory is a resilient and rustic choice. The prominent grain patterns add character to any space.
- Walnut Hardwood: Walnut's deep, rich tones and elegant appearance make it a sought-after option. It's perfect for creating a luxurious atmosphere in homes across the state.
- Maple Hardwood: With its light color and fine grain, maple offers a clean and modern aesthetic. It's particularly favored in contemporary and transitional designs.
- Wide Planks: Wide plank hardwood flooring is a style that's currently in vogue. Its broad, expansive boards create a sense of openness and grandeur in any space.
The Influence of Humidity on Hardwood Floors
- Expansion and Contraction: Hardwood floors, being a natural material, are susceptible to expansion and contraction in response to variations in temperature and humidity. This phenomenon can result in issues like warping and buckling.
- Dry Environments Matter Too: It's not solely high humidity that can be problematic; extremely dry indoor conditions can lead to hardwood shrinkage and potential damage, such as cracks and splinters.
- Pre-Purchase Assessment: Before committing to hardwood flooring, it's crucial to evaluate the humidity levels in your living space. This proactive step ensures your chosen hardwood can withstand and thrive in the specific climate and conditions of your area.
Where Can Hardwood Flooring Be Installed?
- Living rooms
- Finished basements
- And more!
Is There Quality Hardwood Flooring Near Me?
Yes! Whatever your signature style, we have a hardwood option (or 100) that’s right for you. There are styles to complement every style genre, with hundreds of stains and finishes offered. Choose a length and width to meet your décor goals best. As an independently owned and operated member of the world’s largest flooring cooperative, Carpet One Floor & Home, we are proud to offer you the selection of large, national stores while still maintaining the quality service of a local store.
We carry incredible products, including exclusive products as well as offer amazing services such as hardwood refinishing. In addition to hardwood, we have exotic options like cork flooring. To learn more about our hardwood flooring selection or browse our product displays, visit us in-store, or start shopping our hardwood flooring selection online now.